Drafting of Business Contracts
When putting together a contract between your Business/Company and others, it is extremely important that every detail and possibility is considered, to protect you from any disputes that may ultimately come up. Attorneys at the Khashayar Law Group are well experienced and skilled in drafting agreements and understands contract law in a variety of areas, including but not limited to:
- Non-compete Agreements
- Joint venture
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Buy/Sell Agreements
- Structured loan and financing
- Proposal Requests
- Stock Option Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
Interpretation of Business Contract Law
After a Dispute has formed, our attorneys can look at all the documents in order to guide you in the right direction, whether ADR, Settlement, or if needed litigation. Our attorneys are experienced in contract law and will guide you in the right path in all these areas:
- Breach of contract
- Commercial lease disputes
- Restrictive covenant violations
- Confidentiality violations
- Non-compete violations
- Shareholder disputes
- Internal separations and disputes
- Partnership disputes
Meeting Legal Challenges for California Businesses
Doing business in California often means potentially getting involved in legal disputes with other businesses, your own employees and business partners, and other parties. When not handled properly, these disputes can become extremely costly and destructive. Let our experience contract law attorneys evaluate your documents in order to guide you in the right path. The best path to preserve your legal rights and assure the security of your assets.
At the Khashayar Law Group, our attorneys understand our clients’ business needs and pursue effective business strategies. We handle cases in the areas of, contract law, unfair competition, shareholder disputes, real estate, and more.
This section of our site includes some general information about business & contract law. To discuss your case with an experienced lawyer, contact us directly in order to get a one on one with an experienced attorney who will look at your particular legal issues and advise accordingly.
Drafting Corporate Documents Designed to Protect You in the Future
Our attorneys help clients draft comprehensive agreements and corporate documents, with an eye to the future. Our goal is to minimize our clientâ€™s liabilities and help our clients avoid litigation by carefully drafting documents, including those related to:
- Business formation: In addition to registering your new entity, we can help you create articles of incorporation, operating agreements and bylaws to get your business started on the right foot. We have the experience and knowledge to help you achieve your corporate goals and file proper licensing documentation with the government.
- Corporate governance: Our attorneys can help you draft shareholder agreements and bylaws as well as minutes for board and shareholder meetings, so you can comply with state and federal laws.
- Mergers and acquisitions: Whether you are buying a business or merging with another entity, we can draft your buy-sell agreements or shareholder agreements.
- Business dissolution: If it becomes necessary to end your business, we can help you wrap up your interests and debts. We can also help you give your business a fresh start as a new entity.
Combining Business Operations by a Variety of Different Routes
Mergers and Acquisitions is a general name for a broad category of many different types of business transactions by which the operations and assets of two businesses are placed under the control of a single business. Among the most common scenarios are the following:
- The two businesses may merge into a single company pursuant to a merger agreement.
- One business may acquire the other pursuant to a stock sale, buy-sell agreement or other type of purchase and sale agreement.
- One business may dissolve and transfer its property, contracts, goodwill and other assets to the other business through an asset sale.
Which scenario is advisable for your situation depends on many details about the types of businesses and assets involved, as well as the goals of the transaction.
At the Khashayar Law Group our experienced attorneys assist California clients with aspects of contract law such as mergers and acquisitions, including drafting purchase and sale agreements, handling all escrow and due diligence issues pre and post closing of the transactions and the liquidation and winding up of business entities slated for dissolution.
Experienced at Making Complex Transactions Workable
Mergers and Acquisitions of business entities in California can be extremely complex transactions. Your choices regarding which routes to follow can have a substantial impact on the timeliness and success of the merger, sale or dissolution process. At the Khashayar Law Group our experienced attorneys will simplify your merger and acquisition by taking the time to explain contract law and all aspects of the process to you.
Contract Law and Buying a Business
Whether you are buying or investing in a company, our attorneys at the Khashayar Law Group can help you. We offer a range of contract law services to make sure your transaction goes as smoothly as possible, including:
- Due diligence: Our experienced attorneys will diligently pursue and inspect the company you are purchasing. Over the years, we have built the experience needed to help us provide the financial data and protection our corporate clients require.
- Careful drafting: We understand that one mistake in a buy-sell agreement or shareholder agreement now can result in tedious and expensive litigation later. Our attorneys who practice litigation are well experienced in going over these agreements and picking out flaws for the purpose of litigation, therefore they know what to look for, and what issues to address in order to avoid expensive litigation. Our contract law attorneys draft your acquisition agreements and business formation documents with care to protect you in the future.
- Creative solutions: Buying a business requires an eye for creative solutions to resolve potential problems as they arise. We are dedicated to finding methods and strategies that help your transaction move forward smoothly and cost-effectively.
Asserting Your Rights as a Shareholder
Our corporate law attorneys help shareholders, who have been subjected to unfair treatment and other violations of their rights. We assist them in pursuing positive resolutions through effective litigation strategies.
Depending on the circumstances, a shareholder may wish to preserve his/her rights in a company directly or may wish to bring a shareholder derivative suit against management on behalf of the company. Common types of shareholder rights in California include the following:
- Actions for accounting
- Claims for breach of fiduciary duty
- Claims for Breach of Duty of Loyalty
- Complaints of nonpayment of dividends
- Claims for breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing
- Claims for Violation of Shareholderâ€™s rights
- Complaints of concealment and failure to disclose material information
Attorneys at the Khashayar Law Group can evaluate your particular situation and advise you on the path to take in order to preserve your rights and interest. Litigation is not always the best avenue, and the attorneys at the Khashayar Law Group will look at your particular situation and guide you accordingly. Whether your concerns are directed at other shareholders who are violating your rights or managers who are violating their corporate duties to some or all of the company’s shareholders, we can help you choose an appropriate strategy.
A business contemplating bringing or defending a lawsuit would be well served by consulting with a seasoned attorney like one from Khashayar Law Group to better understand all of the legal options.No matter what your particular Southern California issue may be, the talented attorneys at the Khashayar Law Group can help you to understand and fight for your rights.